Friday, October 22, 2010

Life's a garden, dig it.

Not much to report from Karamoja. The weeks continue to fly by.

We're entering the last week of the program, though a small extension has been granted from our donor. This will allow us to continue monitoring the work being done and help ensure the programs lasting impact. It also means I need to rehire 24 more people and keep tabs on them, in addition to the 24 I already have. It will be a fun challenge.

This week I was able to visit some of the community farms we're working with and see some of the progress now that the community has everything they need (seeds, tools, watering cans, etc). I was pleased at the progress and some of the seeds are already germinating and showing signs of life. It was good to see the community active and working well together. The same day I was able to see some harvests from past gardens created by another organization and was impressed at the quantities. It was an exciting look into the future and I look forward to seeing harvests from "our" gardens.

And so there you have it. We press on through challenges and find ways to make it work. God continues to bless, provide and protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment